"The world's local bank" was originally established in 1865 as the Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited. Today the HSBC Group boasts 9,500 offices in nearly 80 countries.
In the UK HSBC offers a range of both personal and business banking products:
- Current Accounts including ones for children, students and graduates as well as accounts specifically for those who have just moved to the UK
- Savings accounts including fixed term and instant access
- Investment products such as cash mini ISA, investment bonds and funds and retirement planning services
- Credit cards
- Mortgages including fixed rate, graduate, first time buyer and buy to let mortgages
- Insurance products including car, home, travel, student, income protection and health insurance
- Special services for Indians living abroad
- Islamic banking services
- Employer and employee pension schemes
- Finance and borrowing services
- Business insurance including professional indemnity, company car and van and partnership protection
- Import and export services
Customers can access HSBC's services via online and telephone banking as well as by visiting one of the 1500 HSBC branches throughout the UK (including on-campus branches).HSBC Bank plc
8 Canada Square
Tel: 020 7991 8888
Always be sure you fully understand what is and is not included, the costs, restrictions and exactly who is offering it before signing up for a bank account or any financial product. For more information see the Financial Services Authority Consumer Information website http://www.fsa.gov.uk/consumerinformation.
None of the information contained in this website constitutes, nor should be construed as Financial Advice.